I’m a freelance writer and reporter.
I like writing about all kinds of things, but I specialize in arts and culture, narrative writing, reviews & criticism, lifestyle and entertainment news.
You can find my bylines in Paste Magazine, The Chicago Tribune, Newsweek, Providence Monthly, the Shoe Leather Podcast, The Baltimore Sun, Directed by Women, The New York Daily News, the Hartford Courant, and more. In addition to freelance writing and journalism, I have also taken on marketing/copywriting clients.
You can view my clips here: https://isabellabdeleo.contently.com/
My other work:
- Video production and research at GBH (Boston’s PBS-member station)
- Admin and publishing assistance for James Patterson Entertainment and Little, Brown and Company
- Social media and editorial at Fatherly
- Office management and film programming for the Flickers’ Rhode Island International Film Festival
- Editorial for Providence Media’s five local magazines
I earned an M.S. from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and an M.A. in film and media studies from Brown University. Follow me on Twitter: @isabellabdeleo or on LinkedIn. I use she/her/hers pronouns.